Who doesn’t love an easy project?
This quick tablescape certainly qualifies as quick and easy.
- Small vase or jar, the vase in our photo comes from IKEA but a mason jar would make a great choice or any similarly shaped vase from your design closet (that’s what I’ve started calling the cabinet above the refrigerator)
- A string of battery fairy lights – we chose yellow for this project but white would work great as well
- Accessories – we like these mini hay bales that are easy to find at the dollar store and craft stores, a little real or faux pumpkin is also cute
- Assemble your ingredients
- Before your first guest arrives somewhere between throwing the turkey in the oven and pouring the first glass of iced tea, install batteries in your battery lights and turn them on
- Pop the battery box into the bottom of your glass jar
- Add popcorn
- Twist your lights into the jar
- Project complete
Add a mini-hay bale and a real or faux pumpkin or squash and your accent project is complete. If you happen to have a handful of leaves for scatter-accents, that can round out the look as well.
Use it as part of your table centerpiece, accent a bathroom countertop or pop the arrangement on a side table.
You’ll just have to fish the battery box out of the corn to turn it off.
Let us know if you try this project and share it on instagram. #christmaslightsource