We hear this display inspired the neighbors. Many thanks to our customer who shared this photo, we hope you are inspired as well.
This home’s high impact is due to the C9 Christmas light cord filled with white (transparent) and red transparent bulbs. At 7 watts per bulb, they are the bright bulbs we all remember growing up.
Always be sure to order an extra box or two when working with traditional glass incandescent bulbs. Save the boxes they come in for safe storage for another season.
Get This Look: Classic Red and White Glass Christmas Bulbs 550 Bulbs!
- 300 Bulbs C9 White Transparent Classic! These are traditional glass Christmas bulbs. A great option if you have 75-200 feet to light.
- 300 bulbs C9 Red Transparent
- 1 spool C9 Spool 500 Foot 12 inch SPT-1 Green Wire Traditional C9 cord that can be cut to fit
- 1 spool 250 foot Green Wire SPT-1
- 6 pkgs 100 All in One Clips or similar
- 3 pkg Lawn Speed Stake 5 inch 100-count Package
- 15 plugs Female Inline Gilbert Plug Green SPT-1
- 15 Female Gilbert Plug Green SPT-1
- 15 Male Gilbert Plugs SPT-1 Green
- 1 Green Electrical Tape
- The 25 and 50 foot cords in this configuration are run out from an extension cord in opposite directions (like a T). Since the 25 foot cord is 20 AWH and the 50-foot cord is 18 AWG, they shouldn't be run in series together.
Originally published December 9, 2020 11:07 pm. Edited and re-released on November 7, 2022.