Video: Light a Pumpkin Centerpiece!
Light an Autumn Centerpiece
Celebrate the change of seasons as leaves turn and October brings cooler temperatures with a quick and easy project.
This project requires the following items:
- An Autumn leaf garland readily found in local craft and hobby shops (we like the richer colors shown in the video below)
- 1-2 strings of battery micro drop fairy LED lights
- A featured centerpiece – we like the faux white pumpkin shown in the video but a standard orange pumpkin – either real or fake – works as well
- Floral accents like little white pumpkins
- Floral accents to cover empty spaces and add texture
See the video below for a visual of all of the following assembly steps:
- Wind garland into a rough circle or oval depending on the size of your dining table or side table.
- Gently install the battery lights taking care to hide the wiring and distributing them evenly in the leaves
- Fill spaces with floral accessories
- Add the center featured pumpkin
- As mentioned above, different pumpkins – real, fake, alternate colors like teal and yellow
- Accent the arrangement with real or fake mini-gourds
- If centerpiece will be located near an outlet use a warm white LED light string and plug it into an outlet
- Use different colors of battery lights
- Substitute Burlap for the leaf wreath (See another suggestion video below)