When buds appear on the trees and longer, brighter days appear, it’s natural to turn our attention to outdoor living and lighting. Everyone needs a place to relax in the evening after a long day of gardening and Spring cleaning. Start measuring and making plans now.
Our Incandescent Top Pick for Spring
Classic incandescent bulbs continue to be a winner with customers even as the industry moves more toward LED.
This T50/S14 glass bulb has an E26 base – commonly sold as “patio lights”, work as great replacements in any cord with an E26 sized base. New cords can be purchased at this link.
Incandescent Runners Up
These bulbs are great choices for repurposing Christmas light cords for use outside of the traditional season. These bulbs also work on any seasonal cord that is wired in parallel and has E12 (used for C7) or E17 (used for C9) bases.
- Round G30 Bulbs Small but beautiful. Just smaller than a ping pong ball. Install in E12 Cords. Available in a wide variety of colors.
- Round G40 Bulbs Manufactured with both E12 and E17 bases so these bulbs work in either style cord. Transparent white is a versatile choice. (Available in many colors in addition to white/clear.)
- Round G50 Bulbs Slightly larger for larger spaces and more drama. The G50’s only come in clear with an E12 base but are available in a variety of colors with E17.
Our LED Top Pick for Spring
LED Runners Up
- Pure White S11 LED Bulbs Medium Base E26 These are perfect for lighting pergolas, public buildings, and town squares.
- Pure White G50 E26 LED Light Bulb. Textured globe (round) shape is commonly used for residential and party lighting. The sharp white makes a statement and is easy to mix with red and blue for upcoming summer parties.
- Sun Warm White G50 E26 LED Light Bulb. Textured globe shape. Like the bulb above but a nice, warm white. One of our perennial favorites.
- Smooth Pure White T50 E26 LED Bulb. The smooth finish of this bulb is modern and clean. Pure white continues the modern vibe.
See our full line of outdoor bulbs and cords to create your top pick combination for Spring.