Happy National Margarita Day!
With President’s Day and National Drink Wine Day behind us, it’s time to celebrate the pairing of tequila and lime!
(We’re all about celebrations!!)
Be sure to check out the Official Margarita Day website.
Join the fun and take advantage of these specials:
- On the Border is offering $3 house margaritas all day
- Abuelo’s is offering $5.95 Premium Margaritas
- Don’t forget Glorias in the DFW area where you can always find a $5 house margarita during happy hour
While we don’t know exactly who created the margarita we raise our glasses in tribute and say, “Muchas Gracias!”.
Here’s my favorite Margarita recipe. Blender not required.
Our Perfect Margarita
- 2 oz tequila (I prefer Cazadores)
- 1.5 oz orange liqueur (Cointreau is a favorite)
- Kosher salt
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- Extra limes for garnish and rimming the glass
Squeeze a few teaspoons of lime juice into a small plate and sprinkle kosher salt on a second. Rub the rim of a chilled glass in the lime juice, then gently press the edge of the glass into the salt.
Skip the blender and shake the tequila, orange liquer, and lime juice vigorously with crushed ice in a cocktail shaker.
Pour into salted glass either straight up or over ice.
Make more than one and share with friends.
What’s your favorite recipe? Straight up? Over ice? Blended?