Throwing a party? Need a centerpiece for an event? Have a space in the house that needs just a little light?
Grab a string of battery fairy lights, add a few easy to find objects and throw in a simple vase like this basic Ensidig vase from IKEA to quickly complete a project that’s easy but has a big impact. The moss we use to cover the battery box is found at either your florist, a hobby and craft store or at our favorite craft resource center – the dollar store.
This container project also works great in dorm rooms as a great stand-in for candles.
- Battery lights
- Seasonal decorative do-hickeys, corks, floral sprays or just moss
Photo courtesy of IKEA.
- The vase, the battery lights, a little moss. So wonderfully organic. What a great choice for decorating a table at a women’s conference, a coffee shop, a casual restaurant or a vegan wedding.
2. The vase, the battery fairy lights – either white or choose a color – and a handful of seasonal decorations. For spring or Easter, plastic eggs take on an entirely new appeal! Consider plastic shamrocks for March, little American flags for July and cute little pumpkins for Halloween.
3. The vase, the lights, moss, and a big flower. Love magnolias? Have a favorite flower? This centerpiece is perfect for a wedding reception or your bedside table. Accent your next dinner party – a vase ensemble at each end of the table, providing light but not blocking conversation.
4. The vase, the battery lights, a little moss and a spray of flowers. This arrangement will make a lovely statement in your entryway.
5. The vase, the lights and a couple handfuls of corks. Have a cork collection? Put them to good use and light your butler’s pantry or wet bar. (Genny says I may have overstuffed and she might be right.)
Have a vase that’s taking space on a shelf?
Grab a set of lights, you favorite fillers and add a little sparkle to your table or your special day.