The Tanganyika Wildlife Park Pumpkin Walk
The Tanganyika Wildlife Park is not your normal zoo. Located just 5.5 hours north of the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area up in Goddard, KS it’s worth the trip this Halloween season.
Their address is 1000 S. Hawkins Ln. • Goddard, KS 67052.
I met Matt Fouts, one of the owners of this family endeavor, several years ago when he started purchasing lights for their annual Pumpkin Walk.
His family started the Tanganyika Wildlife Park as a non-profit in 2001. You can see more about how they started here.
This year the Pumpkin Walk will take place October 24th, 25th, 26th, 31st and November 1st from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM.
Admission is $12 each adult or child and residents of Goddard get in free with proof of residence.
Click on this link to get more information about The Pumpkin Walk.
Here is an interview I had with Matt earlier this year:
This Halloween, how many people do you expect to attend the Pumpkin Walk?
How long does it take to set up? How many people are involved in the installation? How long is the walk?
It takes approximately 2 weeks to set up everything because it is primarily done by 4 people. However, we do have some volunteers that assist with the setup. However, it takes nearly 60 volunteers a night to run the event. The path is approximately 3/4 of a mile if you count the purple area.
Here are some features of the walk:
- Pumpkin Trail – with over 400 lighted pumpkins and 15 Candy Stations around the Park
- 50ft Inflatable Haunted House Obstacle Course – Walk among some of Halloween’s favorite characters who seem larger than life
- Dr. Frank N. Stein’s Mystery Show – Our popular stage show entertains aspiring Einsteins with a mad scientist’s mysterious experiments and proven potions for fun
- Every year the Chamber changes to a new theme. – Relax and get warm in the Chamber of Mystery, which features special Halloween treats from the Witch’s Kitchen, a movie, crafts, and much. much more.
- Creepy Crawler Animal Ambassadors – Even though most of the animals have gone to bed for the night, our keepers will be on hand with some of our coolest (and creepiest) animal friends for you to interact with!
- Isle of Intrigue – Join us on the island for fun and “spooky” tales of Halloween